To communicate the activities of DSA as well as the importance of product composition, food safety and metrology standards in respect of milk and other dairy products to all relevant parties (consumer, the primary and secondary dairy industry).
Media targeted for communication purposes include:
- Industry related magazines
- Food Safety magazines
- Consumer magazines
- Magazines focussing on upcoming processors and producers
- Pamphlets and brochures
- Interviews with media such as radio stations.
The DSA as part of its pro- and reactive remedial approaches on food safety and quality (product composition) communicates relevant food safety information pertaining to milk and other dairy products to all roleplayers. This is achieved by using a variety of communication methods namely:
- articles which address product quality and food safety issues in respect of different dairy products and the role of DSA.
- articles of activities of DSA in the Dairy Mail and Veeplaas to promote the image of DSA and its value to the primary and secondary dairy industry.
- interaction with Milk SA - Consumer Education Project, addressing food safety and quality issues as applicable to the consumer in magazines and newspapers.
- radio and television interviews regarding food (dairy) safety and quality.
- distribution of an annual brochure that promotes the services of DSA and addresses the importance of food safety and quality.
- distribution of a monthly news bulletin focussing on DSA project activities and matters of importance regarding food safety and quality.
- maintaining an active internet website from which the dairy industry, government institutions and interested parties can obtain industry specific information, related to the scope of activities of the DSA.