The Dairy Standard Agency is a well-established entity within the Milk SA structure.
- The DSA has a Board of Directors consisting of members who satisfy the qualification and eligibility requirements set out in the Companies Act and have no commercial interest in any enterprise in the primary or secondary dairy industry;
- DSA membership consists of the SA National Consumer Union, the Milk Producers’ Organisation, the South African Milk Processors’ Organisation and the South African Society of Dairy Technology;
- The Dairy Standard Agency in terms of its Memorandum of Incorporation under the Companies Act of 2008 is mandated to:
- Monitor milk and other dairy products;
- Communicate with industry and other stakeholders;
- Render support services to the dairy industry and other relevant stakeholders.